Volunteer Opportunities 2021-2022
We have a number of fantastic events planned for the 2021-2022 school year. Our events are not only important for raising funds for our school, but also excellent ways to build connections with other families in our community. Our events would not be possible without the dedication and support of volunteers in our school community. We cannot thank you enough for your support of our school and our amazing students.
We ask that every family volunteer for 1 of the following:
Christmas Tree Lighting- December 4
- 20-25 volunteers needed
- In the month of December, we will line our campus with beautifully lit Christmas trees. Families, community members, parishioners and alumni will have the opportunity to purchase a Christmas Tree in honor of family, friends, and loved ones. We will celebrate the lighting with music and Christmas fun!!! Volunteers are needed to set up and decorate the trees, clean up the setup area and participate in the tree lighting ceremony.
End of Summer Festival- June 3 (set-up) and June 4 (event)
- 70 Volunteers needed
- We will celebrate the end of the school year and the kick off of summer with an outdoor festival! The festival will be complete with live music, delicious food, drink specials, craft vendors, kids’ entertainment and more. Volunteers will work in shifts, so they are able to enjoy the festival following the end of their shift. Volunteer responsibilities include setting up and facilitating various stations including food and beverage service, campus security, kids’ activities, and registration. We will also need assistance with planning leading up to the event.
In addition to a minimum of 25 hours with one of the following:
We are looking for volunteers (as well as individuals looking for leadership roles) in the following events:
- Trunk or Treat- October 29
- 5 Volunteers needed
- Trunk or Treat is a fun outdoor event held in the SSPJ parking lot During the event, students can dress up in their Halloween costumes, with their families, and can safely enjoy a night of Trick or Treating on our campus. Students will visit various decorated and themed cars. They will also participate in fun activities and enjoy food, drinks and music. Volunteer responsibilities at this event include set up prior, parking lot entrance monitoring and clean up after the event. Tricky
- Tricky Tray - November 19
- 12 Volunteers
- We will host a buffet style dinner at Flynn’s on the Hill complete with a Tricky Tray with over 100 fantastic prize baskets as well as dinner entertainment. Leading up to the event, we will need assistance with acquiring prizes, wrapping baskets, and selling tickets to the event. The day of the event, we will need help setting up all baskets, selling tickets, and drawing prizes.
- Breakfast with Santa - December 10 (set-up) and 11
- 10 Volunteers (night before) and 10-15 Volunteers (day of, in shifts)
- Families and friends are able to register to attend a delicious, hot breakfast, see Santa and participate in Christmas centered activities. Volunteers are needed for setup and decorating the night before (Friday), cooking and serving the meal on the day of, handling various activity stations and clean up after the event
- Sweetheart Dance - February 11
- 7 Volunteers needed
- The Sweetheart Dance is a night of fun and dancing for students in PK-4th grade. Volunteers are needed for setup and decoration, the snack bar and clean up after the event.
- Egg My Yard - April 5
- 10 Volunteers needed.
- Egg My Yard is when we bring the event to You! Stuffed eggs are hidden in the yards of school families and community members and baskets with small prizes are left on the front porch. Volunteers are needed to stuff eggs and prepare basket bags leading up to the event. On the day of the egging, volunteers are needed to hide eggs both during the day and in the evening.
- Faith and Service Dinner - April 30
- 6 Volunteers needed
- The Faith and Service Dinner is designed to honor those who have given back to the parish and school community. Since 2014, our annual event has celebrated an alumnus or group, and a member of the parish who have worked tirelessly, oftentimes behind the scenes, to better our school and parish environments. This event is a way to celebrate and honor those who have made a difference, while also serving as a major fundraiser with funds going directly towards continuous academic and technology programs.
- 5K - May 14
- 25 Volunteers needed
- We will be hosting a 5k run and kids fun run on campus. This is a community event, open to the public. Volunteer responsibilities will include: checking in runners, guiding runners on the course, handing out water, assisting with runner timing, and assembling runner swag bags.
If you are interested in taking on a leadership role, please contact Sierra Fenton at email@example.com.
To start the registration process, visit: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10C0C4AAEA623AAFBC52-volunteer
As the events draw closer, we will reach out regarding specific placement at each event.
In addition to these events, we have a few other fundraisers in which we do not require volunteers, but ask for support when possible. They include:
- Scholastic Book Fair - October
- Read-A-Thon - October- November
- Annual Appeal - November
- Calendar Raffle - December
- Cash Raffle - March
- Saints Spirit of Giving - May
- Various Student Council Initiatives
We hope that this year's events will not only benefit our school, but also provide a way to build connections within our Saints family. Thank you again for your support!