In order to meet the costs of educating your child/ren with an outstanding Catholic education, it is required that each Saints Philip and James School family will volunteer 25 hours, purchase SCRIP gift cards, and volunteer for either the Christmas Tree Lighting or End of School Year Festival. Go to the Volunteer Opportunities page for a list of this year's events.
Volunteers must successfully complete the required clearances before volunteering for any activity or event that involves children. Please read the Volunteer Applicant Steps on the Forms page. All of the necessary clearance forms are located in the "Volunteer Forms" section of the Forms page.
A family that chooses any of the Buyout options, must sign and return this form before March 31st.
SCRIP Gift Cards Options
- Purchase SCRIP Gift Cards: Each school family is required to purchase $2000 in SCRIP gift cards from June 1st – May 31st. After the $2000 requirement has been met, 50% of the profit of all additional Scrip purchased will be credited to that family’s Earning Funds Back account. Families not meeting the SCRIP requirement by May 31st of the current school year will be billed $500. For more information about this simple and no-cost-to-you fundraiser is available on the SCRIP page.
- SCRIP Buyout: $500 may be paid in lieu of purchasing SCRIP gift cards. This amount may be added to your FACTS tuition payment.
- 25 Hours Requirement: 25 hours (per family) from June 1 through May 31 of the current school year is required in our various school activities. Those families that do not fulfill the 25 volunteer hour requirement will be billed $10 for each unfulfilled hour. Click on the Volunteer Signup and Room Parent Signup links on the right to view and sign up for volunteer hours.
- Volunteer Buyout: A $250.00 Volunteer Buyout Fee may be paid by those families that choose not to volunteer 25 hours. The Buyout Fee will be added to FACTS account and will be paid over 10 months.
Earning Funds Back
Each family pays a fundraising fee as part of the tuition each school year. Some, or all, of this fee can by earned back when the family:
- Participates in fundraisers such as Gertrude Hawk and Genevieve’s, which are sent home with your child throughout the school year.
- Purchases SCRIP cards above the requirement. (Friends and extended family can also purchase SCRIP cards and apply it to the family’s account.)
Credit towards Earning Funds Back is accrued from June 1st through May 31st of the current school year. Families will receive an Earning Funds Back check from the school during the summer after the current school year. All outstanding tuition and fees must be paid by the family before a check is issued.